Arriving at WTM London, spread across 20 halls and with around 5,000 exhibitors to meet, can be a more than a little daunting. But what’s in it for you as a travel agent and how do you begin to plan your visit?
An exhibition of this size can be overwhelming and sometimes it’s hard to know where to start. The key is to plan your visit in advance. Before you get to WTM London, ask yourself the following questions.
1. What are my goals for attending?
2. Who do I want to meet?
3. What do I want to learn?
4. How will I get there?
Let’s deal with these one at a time.
1. Goals. There can be many objectives for travel agents visiting WTM London, but often it’s simply to conduct business meetings with people you would not normally get the opportunity to meet with face to face, whether it’s reaching out to new contacts or developing and renewing existing relationships.
But, whether it’s the face to face meetings, or gaining industry knowledge in seminars, or discovering inspiration by exploring what the many beautiful destinations have to offer your clients, understanding your own goals will enable you to make the most of your experience.
2. Who do you want to meet? You can find out exactly who’s exhibiting by searching the exhibitor directory on the WTM London website.
If you are a buyer you can pre-book your meetings with exhibitors using the My Event tool. This can be accessed via the WTM website and your login for this will be sent when you register for your badge.
WTM London is spread over 20 halls and is laid out according to geographical region or industry sector, so plan your route around the exhibition accordingly.
3. What do you want to learn? WTM London has a very busy and full event programme covering many stages over the 3 days. So familiarise yourself with the events programme on the website, so that you can plan which sessions to attend, and be there in plenty of time on the day.
4. How will you get there? WTM London takes place at ExCeL in the docklands and can be accessed by train or underground, by car, taxi or bus, by river any by air so to plan your journey using the How to get there page of the website.
We look forward to seeing you there, WTM London, ExCel 05 – 07 November 2018.